Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Full Circle

For anyone reading this blog, you'll notice a common thread in maintenance.... it's TOUGH! Reaching my goal weight of 150 has been difficult. I've floundered. I've negotiated. I've "started again" numerous times. I can only thank God that I have at least managed to maintain the majority of my weight loss. But it's not enough. Not for me. I yearn to be at a weight were I'm no longer classified as overweight or worse - obese. 

So I've decided to give myself over to a power stronger than my will. I'm going back to the beginning where things made sense, I had support, and surrounded by others who are going through the same struggle so I've decided to go back in to Phase 1 as a new "HMR Alum". The group knows that I've "been there and done that" but that I'm not done with my journey. I have unfinished business and lessons still to learn.

So here I am. I feel good about my decision. I'm thankful for this program and the people. 
Decision-free is just what I need to get me through the holidays, to finally reach my goal, and be better able to handle maintenance in the New Year.

I won't ask you to wish me luck this time... just pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment