Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy New Year!

It's been a while and now that 2011 is here it's time to take things back to basics. The last few months have been.... let's say... educational. I learned that:
a) I'm not ready to be in maintenance.
b) I need a better plan when I DO go back to maintenance.
c) I need to stick w/ my original coach

I love telling stories, so let me back up.
In my last post, I was going into maintenance. I did that but made a critical error. I switched coaches. The new coach was very nice and sweet. She did not come down on me if I gained a pound here or there. We blamed it on my monthly TOM. Some of it was the normal process of going back to "normal food". But I needed a Jillian --- or better yet, I needed my old coach back! She would have sat me down after the first 5 lbs and held me accountable.

Then came the dreaded holidays. They weren't horrible...I enjoyed, but I also worked out and had lots of veggies and shakes. I did however enjoy too much cheese and bread. I tried to compensate for my cheese habit by increasing my running miles. BAD IDEA! I ended up straining my left hip and that left me unable to do any exercise for 3 weeks!

So the week after Xmas, I was back in the clinic having a heartfelt conversation w/ my now ex-ex-coach. She told me she was proud that I recognized that I've gotten off track and I was seeking help. She helped me refocus and get back to basics.

Shakes. Veggies. Water. 60 mins on my bike. Journal my food.

AHHH I'm back in my box! Yeah! I feel in control! Yes! And my reward for a week is 6 lbs gone.

So my current weight is 175. Yes, I gained 16lbs between Nov and Dec. It's not hard to do!

But I'm back on track. I have not been derailed - just side tracked.

I'm mentally OFF maintenance and back in Phase 1. I'm excited. I hit a huge plateau in July and I think my little bump in weight will be the thing I needed to push through and hit my goal this year. My hip is pain free and it's cold has heck outside so I'll be sticking to the bike for at least a month until the weather warms up.

So for any of you starting 2011 with a weightloss goal, GOOD LUCK! We call can do this. Remember...
Nothing tastes as good as healthy feels!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment